You Are Reading

How to // Initial Ideas

From my initial ideas of rings and diamonds relating the most to the subject (obviously), i created this illustration of a diamond made from a different sized triangles put together. I chose these muted navy and light blue colours to represent the diamonds clear sparkle. I think they work really well together...


I then played around with this more. I added a gold ring to the diamond then using more shapes with the circles created this logo , possible from cover for a booklet style design. I added texture and played around with some type to see what the outcome was. I am really happy with the overall look at this and think if the group like it, it would be ice to keep a consistent theme throughout the booklet, looking like this...












Comments for this entry

Unknown

Hi Sam,

I hope this message finds you well. I would like to find out how much you would charge to license an image from your design blog. It is the diamond shape above that you drew from triangles in two shades of blue. There is a longer story, which I can tell you if you get back to me about this.

Best regards,
Barclay Dunn

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.