You Are Reading

100 Things // Categorise & Communicate // Zine Development

Here i have been looking at some possible layout designs for my zine. I am reasonably happy with the cover front and back for the booklet but am still undecided which layout to go for. I like the images overlapping the body copy as i think it really works well in this style and makes it a little bit more interesting than your standard layout. I'l have to see where i can take this before creating al the pages that make up my zine...

some intial designs for the front (right) and back (left) covers.




I like the top design the best. It's clean and gets the point across without making too much of a fuss but is also quite decorative with  the patterned lines and the pictograms in the logo .

Moving onto the pages inside. Here i have been working on the same information for 'The War Bonnet' and 'The Bald Eagle'. This is spanning across a double page spread...



With and without guides on. This is my favourite layout where the text overlaps the image. I think a full zine in this style would really work well for the style i am going for. 


I have now moved the text so it all sits along the bottom. The images and title logo's are now above them. i don't think this one works quite as well. 



I like the simplicity of this one. When the images are removed the focus lies on the body copy at the bottom. The nice little logos sitting at the top of each page work well but make the zine a little bit more boring in my opinion. 

From my design sheets and experiments, i think i like the first initial style i had the best. I will try to created the booklet in this style and hopefully it will work. If not i will have to refer back to and experiment even more with layout styles. 



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.