You Are Reading

What Is A Line? // Collages

I have began to play around with some textures and images, digitally collaging them together. I wanted to work like this because i have not had chance to yet on the course and it was something i wanted to experiment with. I have also been experimenting with graph textures adding them into the collages, which is playing on the 'Line' element of the brief as well as the main theme of 'Hats'.

The Bicycle Cap 








I am happy with the last one after some experimentation. I want to keep the letter big on every design along with the circle in the middle and the small text around it. This will help keep my designs consistent throughout the book that i will be creating. 

The Pork Pie/Top Hat 



As these next two hats are old 'classics', i decided to keep the designs classy and dull in colour. I used the really nice black and white images too, collaging these on top. I am really happy with these two designs, and this is what i will be pushing further for the rest of the booklet.

The Snap-Back Cap 

I wanted to include some famous faces in my collages just to make things a little bit more fun. Matching celebrities to a certain hat gives the publication a little bit more purpose and is definitely something that could probably sell to the correct audiences...




For the snap-back, i decided to go with childhood favourite Will Smith as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Made this design a lot more colourful to match the nature of the character and hat itself. Still kept the same type and textured circle to keep that theme going. 







Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.