You Are Reading

OUGD406 // Stamp It // Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them? What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process? 


I feel i have pushed myself more creating the illustrations in this brief. I am very happy with the finished results considering it was a 2 week brief. I added depth to my illustrations but adding half-tone and patterns to them. This is something i haven't done before but seems to have worked out well. 


I also got the chance to work with a different format, making sticker stamps using the vinyl cutter to cut them out is something i haven't done before and something new i have learnt so i now know the option is there whenever i need. 


I feel i am getting better at generating ideas through design sheets. I thought the crit really helped this time too. I got lots of feedback in the early stages which meant i could push my designs further more quickly. 


What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these? 



I feel i have pushed my illustration skills which i have already mentioned and also designing for different formats and products. 


 I will push myself further in future trying out different styles all the time. This way i'm not sticking doing the same thing for every brief which will broaden my skills and eventually make me a more versatile designer. 


What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future? 


I feel that the actual designs on my stamps are a little too complex and therefore appear a little bit hard to see and almost pixellated on the stamps. They still look good from afar but not as good up close. I feel that this is a mixture of me not taking care when considering sizes for the stamps and also the print quality obviously not being 'Stamp' standard. To improve next time, i will consider the size and format of my designs a lot more carefully and also take the printing methods and stock into consideration. 


Identify things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


1. Be more carful when choosing size, format and stock. This will make for a better quality final product. 


2. Make best use of the software i use will eventually be easier and less work for me to do. 


3. read, re-read and read the brief again and again. This will help me realise what is needed more clearlry. 











Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.