You Are Reading

Design Production - Mutton Quad - Drinks

I decided to develop my product range further into drinks, in particular drinks that would come under the branding of the restaraunt. I figured that this would be table water and house wine. The house wine could be branded by the restaurant and the table water could come in branded glass bottles also. I decided I could use the vinyl stickers that I previously created incorporated within my bottle designs.

I decided to make a House Red as an example. I wanted my labels to be really simple and fit in with my colour scheme of beige, white and red. I decided the labels should be beige/white with Red and Black type, then the sticker applied over the top...

Lodi Rojo (Red House Wine)

To keep in with my minimalist theme, I decided to simplify the title of the wine down to two words, The place where the wine is from and the colour.





I wanted to use this long thin shape for the label itself, reason being, it tied in with the size of my menu and the whole shape of my branding. As you can see the large logo would be where the vinyl sticker will be applied.





I also wanted to use different languages to distinguish the origin. The first is the red wine. This is made in a Spanish town called Lodi and red in Spanish translates to Rojo.




I tried two different styles for the type. Keeping the corporate typefaces, Didot for the logo and Futura for the rest. I think I prefer this idea of the line separation as a pose to the dots shown above. 


Back Label





The back label contains the necessary information. Its simple and also contains the second anatomy logo. I will use this design for all three bottles, altered slightly to suit the style of wine. 





Table Water

I also went on to create the design for the table water. From research in past visit to restaurants, I wanted to use a glass bottle with a swing top, as I felt this works much better practically and ashethectically in a restaurant environment. Being a bottle of water, It has to quite plain, almost see through bottle and because of this, instead of creating a label, I decided to apply the vinyl sticker to the front. Very simple, but works. 






Making The Bottles



Table Water










House Wine






Red















Packaging



I also created the packaging for the bottle if it was to be bought to take away. From my research, I liked the look of bottle that come wrapped in paper. I think this gives an added aesthetic appeal to the wine and therefore makes it more desirable. 





My idea for the design for the packaging was simple. I took an image of a corkscrew from front view, then edited in a way that the background was bright white. I then made this black and white and halftone the image.  I then altered the handle slightly in order to make it resemble my logo for anatomy, the diagonal line crosses through the bottle opener handle. I also added the name of the wine as well as the secondary logo applied over the image slightly. 





As you can see from the images, I printed this design onto some thin white stock, then scrumpled up the paper to give it a more rustic feel. I wrapped this around the bottle and taped it at the back. 




I then tied the paper at the top, using some thick red string to help tie in with my brand and also to give it an extra aesthetic touch. 









Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.