You Are Reading

Design Production - Mutton Quad - Posters/Food Wrap

I came up with the idea of incorporating typography more into the restaurant, as it felt like the only thing that was type was the logo and identity. I used some of the meals in my menu to create these squares of type, which i could possibly use for interior artwork...




Poster Ideas








I also used the stock images of the anatomy of meat and put a halftone filter on the image. This would work when printed at a larger scale and also when the red vinyl is laid over the top of it. Where you can see I have placed the red logo, This is where I wont print, but use the vinyl stickers I had previously created to apply a 'spot colour/varnish' look to the artwork. 



Tracing Paper Idea






I also had this idea of layering up the type to create an infinitive pattern. This pattern could be used as part of my packaging for my take out bag or even for decoration of wall decals. I will print this onto tracing paper so that this could be folded around the food and placed into a takeout bag. Again, I plan to use the vinyl stickers to seal the wrapping paper around the food, so then the customer can rip this open later, when needed. 




Print 1












Here are some images of the typographic poster that I created. I printed this out a2 in size and applied the vinyl sticker in the same place that I had planned. I'm really pleased with this result. The vinyl really makes the logo pop against the black of the type. 




Print 2








I also got the other design printed which was the stock image of the really old anatomic drawings of meat. You can see on the images how the halftone that I applied works up close. I applied the vinyl just like the first print and it worked just as well. Very pleased with these results. 





Tracing Paper 









Here is the printout of the A3 patterned type. I'm also really pleased with how his came out and thick it will look even better when wrapped up around an object. I will apply the vinyl once I have something I can mock the food up with and then also put this into context further by creating a take-out restaurant paper bag. 







Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.