You Are Reading

OUGD503 - Responsive - Photographer Branding - Imagery

Imagery 

My client has sent me some of her photography from different projects that she feels reflects her work in the best way possible. She would like me to use these somehow incorporated into the promotional material and business cards if possible. I instantly thought that to give consistency, a Black and White image applied over the chosen colour scheme would work best. You can view the original images here:-







Business Card Compositions


I thought that the simplest and most effective way of composing the logo and image together would to highlight the darker image with a light logo and vice versa. The frame fits perfectly into the business card and also works with the image behind it, making it look as thought the logo is the viewfinder.

I have cropped the images down and applied over the chosen colour scheme to get this consistancy through all the designs which allows them to work as a set, whilst also standing out on their own with their own photograph on there...































I also experimented with image placement and overlaying different images to get these weird and wonderful combinations. 





Colour Variants


I experimented further with composition and shape, where the colour is applied and what colours might work with the images. I still like the original ones better, and so does the client, but its always good to keep pushing the designs to see where they could be taken...



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.